How to use walnut shell powder in cosmetics?
Walnut Shell Powder: A Natural Exfoliant for Radiant Skin
Nature is full of treasures to take care of our skin. Walnut shell powder is one of those little-known gems that provides gentle and effective exfoliation, revealing glowing skin. In addition to its benefits for the skin, walnut shell can also be incorporated into the diet to improve overall health. Let's discover together the secrets of this versatile product.
The Benefits of Walnut Shell Powder as an Exfoliant
Using walnut shell powder as an exfoliant has multiple benefits. This powder, made from the fine grinding of walnut shells, acts as a natural exfoliant, gently removing dead skin cells. Its delicate abrasive properties allow deep cleaning without attacking the skin, thus promoting cell renewal.
1. Gentle Exfoliation: The grainy texture of walnut shell powder provides gentle exfoliation, ideal for all skin types, even the most sensitive.
2. Elimination of Impurities: Thanks to its fine particles, it helps to dislodge impurities embedded in the pores, leaving the skin clean and smooth.
3. Stimulates Circulation: Upon application, massaging with walnut shell powder stimulates blood circulation, thus promoting a radiant complexion.
4. Anti-inflammatory Properties: Its anti-inflammatory properties can help soothe minor skin irritations.
Integrate Walnut Shell Powder into Your Skincare Routine
Adding walnut shell powder to your skincare routine is simple and effective. Here's how to use it as an exfoliant:
1. Create a Homemade Scrub: Mix a teaspoon of walnut shell powder with water or mild oil (like almond oil) to form a paste. Massage gently onto damp skin using circular motions, then rinse thoroughly.
2. Incorporate into Masks: Add a pinch of walnut shell powder to your face masks to increase their exfoliating and revitalizing action.
3. Body Care: Also use it to gently exfoliate elbows, knees and other rough areas of the body.
At Novëm, we use walnut shell powder in our exfoliating treatments. We love it for its gentle exfoliating side and also because it is a natural exfoliant and 100% biodegradable.
You can find walnut shell powder in our exfoliating and moisturizing face mask as well as in our solid exfoliating body soap .