Psoriasis, how to soothe it?
Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease that can be difficult to treat. People with psoriasis may experience itchy , red, scaly patches that can appear on different parts of the body, including the scalp, elbows, knees, and back. Although psoriasis is an incurable disease, there are methods to soothe symptoms and reduce inflammation.
Moisturizers are important for soothing psoriasis plaques and preventing cracking and bleeding of the skin. Moisturizers help reduce dryness and improve the skin barrier. It is recommended to use gentle, unscented moisturizers, as chemicals and fragrances can irritate the skin. Moisturizers made with mineral oil , petroleum jelly , hyaluronic acid , and ceramides are often recommended for people with psoriasis. All of these ingredients are found in our moisturizing day cream enriched with vitamin E, naturally present in nuts.
Use topical medications
Topical medications such as corticosteroid creams can help reduce inflammation and itching. Corticosteroid creams are often prescribed for mild to moderate psoriasis plaques. Topical retinoids, calcineurin inhibitors, and local anesthetics may also be helpful in reducing psoriasis symptoms . Topical retinoids help regulate skin cell growth, while calcineurin inhibitors help reduce inflammation and itching. Local anesthetics can help relieve itching.
Moderate exposure to sunlight can help reduce inflammation in psoriasis. However, it is important not to overexpose yourself to the sun, as this can worsen symptoms and increase the risk of skin cancer. It is recommended to take precautions such as wearing sunscreen , a hat and protective clothing. People with psoriasis should also avoid sunbathing and tanning booths.
Some people with psoriasis may have triggers that cause symptoms to worsen, such as stress, alcohol, smoking, infections, and skin injuries. Avoiding these triggers can help reduce symptoms. People with psoriasis may also benefit from meditation, exercise, yoga, or other stress management techniques to reduce symptoms.
Suitable skin care
Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease that can be very uncomfortable and difficult to treat. It is important to work with a dermatologist to develop an effective treatment plan that suits your specific situation. That said, here are some general tips on what cosmetics to use when you have psoriasis:
- Avoid products that contain irritating or drying ingredients such as alcohol, fragrance or perfume. These products may make your psoriasis symptoms worse.
- Use gentle products, without soap or sulfates, which will not attack your skin. Opt for mild soaps, without perfume or coloring.
- Use moisturizing creams and oils regularly to help reduce dryness and itching. Creams with petroleum jelly or hyaluronic acid can help keep skin hydrated. Our Essential Routine includes the Moisturizing Day Cream as well as the Joli Minoix Facial Oil : the perfect combo to soothe your skin and reduce itching
- Use creams or lotions with ingredients like salicylic acid or urea to help exfoliate areas of dry, flaky skin. This can help improve the appearance of your skin and reduce itching.
- Avoid harsh exfoliants and peels which can worsen your psoriasis symptoms.
All our treatments are perfectly suitable for skin prone to psoriasis. They are natural, vegan and Made in France which ensures unparalleled quality.
Again, it's important to work with a dermatologist to find the best care for your skin. Your dermatologist may also prescribe creams or lotions specifically designed to treat psoriasis.